Our Dallas Cowboys defeated the St.Louis Rams at Cowboys Stadium Saturday evening 20-19. This was one of our best showings our offense has had this pre season but as a team we are still a work in progress. So with that being said Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty.
1. Tony Romo continues to show his maturity in leadership on and off the field. Romo was 9 of 13 for 198 yards with two touchdowns. He was in mid-season form dodging the Rams pass rush and buying time for his receivers to get open. Overall a great game from our quarterback.
2. Rob Ryan’s defense continues to impress me. I know this is only pre season but our defense could be very good this year. Our secondary is much improved with the off-season pick up of CB Brandon Carr and drafting Morris Claiborne in this year’s draft. Our defensive line is younger and seem more athletic compared to last year’s line.
3. Dwayne Harris made his case for being the starting 3rd wide receiver for the Cowboys. Harris had 3 catches for 118 yards and 2 touchdowns.
4. We had an Felix Jones sighting. Jones had 6 carries for 34 yards averaging 5.7 per carry.
1. Jay Ratliff’s injury. Pro Bowl nose tackle Jay Ratliff was seen leaving Cowboys Stadium on crutches. He had an MRI done, and the MRI revealed that Ratliff has a high ankle sprain and his status for the Cowboys opener vs the Giants is uncertain.
2. Dan Connor coverage issues. An off-season pick up in trying to upgrade the inside linebacker position from last year. Connor continues to get beat in coverage which killed the Dallas Cowboys last season (watch the Eagles games) we must get this fixed in a hurry.
3. Blitz Pick up. For the most part our blocking was pretty good however there were a few instances where the Cowboys offense were unable to pickup blitzes the Rams defense threw at us.
1. Note to the NFL. Please get rid of these replacement referees they are making my game experience horrible. We need our regular referees back ASAP.