Deja Vu anyone? Same mental mistakes and the same puzzling play calling in crunch time derails the Dallas Cowboys once again.
The Dallas Cowboys (3-5) fall to the undefeated Atlanta Falcons (8-0) at the Georgia Dome 19-13. Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo completed 25 of 35 passes for 321 yards, a touchdown, and no interceptions.
Cowboys inside linebacker Bruce Carter continues to shine as the defensive signal caller in the absence of the injured Sean Lee. Carter finished with nine tackles and one pass break up..
Head Coach Jason Garrett had this to say after the stunning loss….
“There’s a reason they’re undefeated halfway through the season,” Dallas coach Jason Garrett said. ”This is a challenging place to play at. I thought we did some good things in the ballgame. They did more good things. We didn’t do enough to win this game in all three phases of our football team.”
The lone bright spot of the game was Cowboys tight end Jason Witten becoming the new Dallas Cowboys all-time leader for career receptions with 754.
- Miles Austin had seven catches for 76 yards.
- Jason Witten had seven catches for 51 yards. (Became the Cowboys all-time receptions leader passing Michael Irvin’s Cowboys record of 750 career receptions.)
- Jason Garrett is 4-9 in his last 13 games and 16-16 since taking over as head coach of the Cowboys in the middle of the 2010 season.
- Falcons QB Matt Ryan was 24 of 34 for 342 yards passing.
- RB Michael Turner ran for 102 yards on 20 attempts.