Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dwayne Harris earned the NFC special teams player of the week honors. Harris returned a punt 78 yards for a touchdown in the fourth quarter in the Cowboys 38-23 victory in Philadelphia last Sunday.
He finished with 97 punt return yards for a 24.3 average per return.
Here is the current Dallas Cowboys injury report as of today.
- Wide receiver Dez Bryant (hip)
- Wide receiver Kevin Ogletree (hamstring)
- Wide receiver Dwayne Harris (neck)
- Running back DeMarco Murray (foot)
- Inside linebacker Dan Connor (neck)
- Safety Matt Johnson (hamstring)
- Center Phil Costa (ankle)
- Defensive end Sean Lissemore (ankle)
Tempers flared today at the final Cowboys vs Chargers practice in San Diego. The Cowboys offense and the Chargers defense had several heated exchanges throughout the day.
- Cowboys rookie tight end Andrew Szczerba got into it with San Diego’s first-round linebacker Melvin Ingram, the two exchange some shoves then ended up wrestling one another to the ground before being separated.
- In the no-tackling red zone drill the Chargers defensive players started laying the wood to Cowboys receivers. Safety Atari Bigby got a clean shot on rookie Danny Coale.
- A few plays later Chargers cornerback Quentin Jammer unloaded on Cowboys WR Dwayne Harris at the goal line knocking off his helmet.
Josh Ellis of DallasCowboys.com reports the big hit drew the two units together in a shouting match, with fullback Lawrence Vickers and running back DeMarco Murray particularly vocal for the Cowboys.
Here what Vickers had to say about the incident
“It was expected,” Vickers said. “We tried to come and get some good work in. when you’re competing against another team, even against your own guys, you get a little chippy. That’s football. It’s comes with the territory. … I was teed off to the max, but at the same time, I have to listen to my coaches. I have to let my coach know, in any situation, ‘Vick’ can keep his head. I wanted to lose my cool – I did, I’m not lying.
“Because that type of (stuff) is not tolerated. We’re not going to tolerate that type of stuff. That’s the mentality we’ve got. That’s the mentality we’re going to have. That is not tolerated.”
Source: Dallas Cowboys.Com